NARAtions

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Library Programming 2013

I am very much looking forward to the programs the library where I work are doing next year. What I am most looking forward to is seeing my ideas for programs created, developed and executed. For the last 6 months are so, I have really been wanting to really get into programming more permanently. My boss told me just today about efforts to re-introduce story-timeish types of programs with the "Pre-School Pow Wow" program. It sounds interesting, and I know it has the potential to be a very successfull program, and I intend to do all I can (or all that I am allowed rather) to make sure that it is. I enjoyed putting on the programs I did for the past Summer Reading Club and for the most part I deemed it a success on not just my part, but all my co-workers and the library as a whole. Currently I am already thinking of ideas for this year's Summer Reading Club which has a garden-like theme; "Dig into Reading" for the childrens theme. "Beneath the Surface" for teens, and "Ground-Breaking Reads" for the adults. I thought of food crafts ideas just as making mud pies (which would probably messy, but still worth maybe trying), making bug treats with crackers and veggies (via Pinterest inspiration) rice-krispe treat balls with food coloring making them look like globs of dirt, and so on. Other craft ideas I thought of, include making paper ant farms, and garden knomes. All in all, it appears to be full speed ahead in 2013. I can't wait to see what will happen! I know the best is yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment